1/1 Photo of Pumpkin-Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
A spicy pumpkin glaze coats the tops of these soft, chewy cookies. Perfect for the kids' lunchboxes or after-school snacks, you might consider keeping a supply on hand in the freezer. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Spicy Pumpkin Glaze
- 1Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- 2Measure flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and ginger and mix in bowl. Stir into creamed mixture to make a rather soft cookie dough. Stir in nuts.
- 3Spoon out onto greased cookie sheets, about 2-inches apart in rounded teaspoonfuls.
- 4Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
- 5Remove while hot onto rack.
- 6Cool slightly. Spoon glaze over while cookies are still warm.
- 7Spicy Pumpkin Glaze: Stir together powdered sugar, butter, cinnamon, and allspice. Blend in pumpkin to make a smooth glaze.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g