Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This easy to make dessert is full of great flavors. A popular dish any time of the year. Usually you can have the ingredients on hand if you need dessert in a hurry.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Put the ginger snap cookies in a large zip lock bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin until they are pulverized.
- Put the crushed cookies in a layer in the 9 x 13 pan to form the bottom crust.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese until light.
- Add the condensed milk and mix.
- Add eggs, canned pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Blend in the nuts if desired.
- Mix all together and pour carefully on top of the cookie crust in the pan.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes at 350.
- Cool, chill, and serve.
- May be topped with whipped topping and more nuts for looks but is fine the way it is.
I followed the advice of a previous reviewer and added 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar to cookie crumbs and pressed them into the pan and baked for just a bit while I mixed up the filling. The gingersnap crust adds just the right amount of spice to these bars. They are a great fall cheesecake.
This is a basiclly good recipe.I made a couple of changes however. I first lined the baking pan with Aluminum foil, extending the foil 2" beyond each end of the pan, and then greased it. I added 1/4 c. melted butter and 1/4 c. sugar to cookie crumbs and pressed them into the pan. Then I proceded with the recipe as it is writen. The foil makes the bars easy to lift out of the pan and the addition of butter to the cookie crumbs helps the crust hold together when the bars are cut. Thanks Guava Girl for a NICE recipe!