Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This easy to make dessert is full of great flavors. A popular dish any time of the year. Usually you can have the ingredients on hand if you need dessert in a hurry.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Put the ginger snap cookies in a large zip lock bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin until they are pulverized.
- Put the crushed cookies in a layer in the 9 x 13 pan to form the bottom crust.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese until light.
- Add the condensed milk and mix.
- Add eggs, canned pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Blend in the nuts if desired.
- Mix all together and pour carefully on top of the cookie crust in the pan.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes at 350.
- Cool, chill, and serve.
- May be topped with whipped topping and more nuts for looks but is fine the way it is.