1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Very old-fashioned and comforting. Serve with ice cream for that finishing touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Gingerbread
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned ok)
- 1 egg
For the Sauce
For Optional Garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Mix together flour and sugar.
- 3Use a pastry blender to mix in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 4In a 9-inch square baking pan, place 1 3/4 cups of the mixture and press evenly along the bottom to form a crust.
- 5Add pecans, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves to crumb mixture and stir well.
- 6Mix in buttermilk, molasses, pumpkin and egg.
- 7Pour batter on top of crust in the baking pan.
- 8Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it is clean when you remove it.
- 9To prepare sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the brown sugar and corn syrup.
- 10Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
- 11Gradually add whipping cream and return to a boil.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13To serve, spoon warm sauce over warm gingerbread.
- 14If desired, place ice cream on top of gingerbread, spoon sauce over ice cream, and sprinkle with nuts.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Gingerbread with Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 431.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g