Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of the Kansas City Star. These look really good for the holidays or anytime!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9" square pan with nonstick coating spray.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer at high speed 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar 1 T at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin, molasses and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed 12 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger, stir to blend.
- Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Invert onto platter.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve warm.
these were sooo good and moist! i actually made them into bran muffins by just putting wheat flour, bran, and oats for the flour and putting them in muffin tins. i also threw in some walnuts. it makes about 11 muffins. i had to make them twice in three days b/c they went so fast! the pumkin/ginger combo is fantastic. and it was so fast to throw together! i love this recipe and will keep it and make it often. thank you.
It was a little too dense for my liking. Good flavor, but the pumpkin was a tad overpowering. I think the recipe is a good start though and I think I could work with it to get the bars I envisioned!