Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
this is a wonderful pairing of flavors, nice change from regular gingerbread
- 1⁄2 cup soft shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1⁄2 cup thick pumpkin (strained)
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar and egg.
- Blend molasses, sour milk and pumpkin together.
- Sift flour, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Combine all mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour into well-greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes at 325 degrees F.
I really liked this. It was a different twist on gingerbread. I did add some lemon flavoring and some orange flavored craisins to give it some more zing. Thanks for a good snack bread to munch on.