I found this recipe on Allrecipes & tried it last night. It is wonderful!!! This has become my new pumpkin recipe for fall!! I put the batter into mini loaf pans to sell at a bake sale. Someone else suggested putting it in a bundt pan with a glaze drizzled over the top. Whatever you choose to do, it is yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease two 9 x 5" loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Add water and beat until well blended.
- Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Everyone loved this -moist but not too dense. I used butter instead of oil since that's all I had - thanks!
This bread was very tasty. Based on the other comments I ended up adding an extra tsp of ginger and it turned out great! Thanks for posting a tasty pumpkin bread.