Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is another one of those things that we seem to need on the holiday buffets for just a little taste..
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly pkd brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole canned pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half (can use low fat)
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, pkd
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- heat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients, beat until well blended. Shape dough into 24 1 1/4" balls.
- Place 1 ball in each of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups; press in bottom and up sides of each cup, level with tops of cups.(There are several tart tampers that make this job much easier.).
- In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients; blend well.
- Spoon scant tbls filling into each crust lined cup.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Carefully sprinkle 1 tsp topping over each filled cup.
- Bake at 350* for 18-22 minutes or until puffed and tip of knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately run flat sided knife around edges of cookies.
- Cool cookies in pan 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookies from muffin cups, place on wire racks to cool.
- Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- If topped with small dab of whipped cream or cool whip, these tassies are spectacular of dessert buffet.