Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dairy free, gluten free pumpkin ginger soup with coconut milk hits the spot. I decided I had to make something pumpkin today after making pumpkin pies from my gluten free cookbook (The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook) and finding myself with a bunch of leftover roasted pumpkin. Of course soup was the easiest thing to make after making one too many pumpkin pies for family and friends. http://www.elanaspantry.com/pumpkin-ginger-soup/
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon astraya liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1. In a vita-mix, combine pumpkin, chicken stock and coconut milk and process on high until smooth.
- 2. Blend in stevia, lemon juice and ginger.
- 3. Place mixture in a pot and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Serve.