1/5 Photos of Pumpkin Ginger Scones
Gifts from the Christmas Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Set aside 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 2Combine remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in 4 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Beat egg in small bowl.
- 4Add pumpkin, sour cream and ginger. Beat until well combined. Add pumpkin mixture to flour; stir until mixture forms a soft dough that leaves sides of bowl.
- 5Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Knead 10 times.
- 6Roll into a 9x6 inch rectangle. Cut into 6 squares, cut each of those in half diagonally, making 12 triangles.
- 7Melt remaining tablespoon of butter. Brush tops of triangles with butter and sprinkle with reserved sugar.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Ginger Scones
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 252.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g