Recipe by Kirstin in the Couv
Simply The best pumpkin pie recipe
Top Review by Panino
The flavor of this pumpkin pie rises above all others! It is absolutely yummy, and , really when can we say that about most pumpkin pies? Daughter did a "trial run" with this, and it will be on our Thanksgiving table tomrrow! Thank you so much for this great recipe!
- 1 (9 inch) classic pie crusts, par-baked for 10 minutes (see Classic Pie Crust, Idiot Proof Step-By-Step Photo Tutorial)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar pie pumpkin, pureed or 1 2⁄3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees for par-baking crust. While crust is par baking mix sugar, butter and ginger until well blended.
- Take pie shell out of oven and crumble praline mixture over bottom.
- Bake until sides of crust are golden and praline in bubbling, about 12 minutes.
- Check for bubbles (Press them down gently with the back of a spoon) Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 325.
- Whisk pumpkin and dry ingredients together until smooth.
- Add eggs, cream and vanilla and whisk until just blended.
- When praline has hardened but is still warm, pour filling into crust.
- Bake until edge of filling looks slightly dry and center jiggles slightly.
- About 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely.