Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simply The best pumpkin pie recipe
- 1 (9 inch) classic pie crusts, par-baked for 10 minutes (see Classic Pie Crust, Idiot Proof Step-By-Step Photo Tutorial)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar pie pumpkin, pureed or 1 2⁄3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees for par-baking crust. While crust is par baking mix sugar, butter and ginger until well blended.
- Take pie shell out of oven and crumble praline mixture over bottom.
- Bake until sides of crust are golden and praline in bubbling, about 12 minutes.
- Check for bubbles (Press them down gently with the back of a spoon) Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 325.
- Whisk pumpkin and dry ingredients together until smooth.
- Add eggs, cream and vanilla and whisk until just blended.
- When praline has hardened but is still warm, pour filling into crust.
- Bake until edge of filling looks slightly dry and center jiggles slightly.
- About 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely.
The flavor of this pumpkin pie rises above all others! It is absolutely yummy, and , really when can we say that about most pumpkin pies? Daughter did a "trial run" with this, and it will be on our Thanksgiving table tomrrow! Thank you so much for this great recipe!
I have made this several times...by request. It is extra-special and always well received. The ginger praline is a flavorful addition.