From Sunset Magazine , these are nice for a change of pace on Saturday mornings. 45 minutes combined prep and cook time.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Candied Ginger Butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- Combine flour, brown sugar, soda, cinnamon, powdered ginger, nutmeg and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk pumpkin, yogurt and butter until well blended.
- Add wet to dry, stirring just until evenly moistened.
- Cook on nonstick griddle over medium heat until edges look dry about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with ginger butter and real maple syrup.
- To make the ginger butter, simply cream the chopped candied ginger into the butter, then chill before serving.