Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
filled with spice!
Make and share this Pumpkin Ginger Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup toasted walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, well chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Mix the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, 1/4 cup of water, and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, until just incorporated. Do not over-mix. Fold in the candied ginger and chopped nuts.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done. Cool on a rack.
This recipe is wonderful! Now, I wish that I could find other muffin recipes that my family would love even half as much as these. I have to make these every other week so that the family has enough of them. I removed the margarine and used Sunsweet Fat Replacer. I used egg replacer rather than using eggs. I used chopped dates instead of nuts and I used half Splenda and half sugar. It's a hit at our house!