Moist with a subtle, sweet flavour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 175 g stem or glace ginger in syrup
- 175 g muscavado or molasses sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g pumpkin or 250 g butternut squash, grated
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 125 g chopped pecans or 125 g walnuts
- 200 g icing sugar
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1Finely chop 125g of the ginger.
- 2Beat sugar and 125g butter until smooth.
- 3Then beat in the eggs one by one.
- 4Stir in the pumpkin and chopped ginger, sift in the flour, baking powder and spices.
- 5Add the nuts and stir until smooth.
- 6Line the pockets of a deep muffin tray with muffin papers, then fill each one almost to the top.
- 7Bake at 190C (170 fan-assisted)/375F/gas mark 5 for 25 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- 8Once the cupcakes are cold, beat the icing sugar, cream cheese and remaining butter until smooth.
- 9Finely shred the remaining ginger and stir most of it in, along with just enough syrup to make it easily spreadable.
- 10Swirl a dollop of icing on each cupcake and decorate with a pinch of shredded ginger.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ginger in syrup