Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist with a subtle, sweet flavour
Make and share this Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 175 g stem or glace ginger in syrup
- 175 g muscavado or molasses sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g pumpkin or 250 g butternut squash, grated
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 125 g chopped pecans or 125 g walnuts
- 200 g icing sugar
- 125 g cream cheese
- Finely chop 125g of the ginger.
- Beat sugar and 125g butter until smooth.
- Then beat in the eggs one by one.
- Stir in the pumpkin and chopped ginger, sift in the flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add the nuts and stir until smooth.
- Line the pockets of a deep muffin tray with muffin papers, then fill each one almost to the top.
- Bake at 190C (170 fan-assisted)/375F/gas mark 5 for 25 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cold, beat the icing sugar, cream cheese and remaining butter until smooth.
- Finely shred the remaining ginger and stir most of it in, along with just enough syrup to make it easily spreadable.
- Swirl a dollop of icing on each cupcake and decorate with a pinch of shredded ginger.