1 hr 45 mins
So I made this from epicurious.com and its fabulous. I wowed everyone! Also, good with spiced whipped cream, just need 2Tbs sugar, 3/4 c heavy whipped cream, and cinnamon, whisk until peeks form. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- 6 ounces gingersnaps (about 24 cookies smashed which equals 1.5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F Lightly butter pie plate.
- 3Stir together all ingredients in a bowl and press evenly on bottom and up side of pie plate. Bake until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes, then cool on a rack to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- 5Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Pulse sugar and ginger in a food processor until ginger is finely chopped, then add cream cheese and pulse until smooth. Add eggs, milk, flour, nutmeg, and salt and pulse until just combined.
- 7Reserve 2/3 cup cream cheese mixture in a glass measure. Whisk together remaining 1 1/3 cups cream cheese mixture and pumpkin in a large bowl until combined.
- 8Pour pumpkin mixture into gingersnap crumb crust. Stir reserved cream cheese mixture (in glass measure) and drizzle decoratively over top of pumpkin mixture, then, if desired, swirl with back of a spoon. Put pie on a baking sheet and bake until center is just set, 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours, then chill, loosely covered with foil, at least 4 hours. If necessary, very gently blot any moisture from surface with paper towels before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 457.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: