Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So I made this from epicurious.com and its fabulous. I wowed everyone! Also, good with spiced whipped cream, just need 2Tbs sugar, 3/4 c heavy whipped cream, and cinnamon, whisk until peeks form. Yummy!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- 6 ounces gingersnaps (about 24 cookies smashed which equals 1.5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F Lightly butter pie plate.
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl and press evenly on bottom and up side of pie plate. Bake until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes, then cool on a rack to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse sugar and ginger in a food processor until ginger is finely chopped, then add cream cheese and pulse until smooth. Add eggs, milk, flour, nutmeg, and salt and pulse until just combined.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cream cheese mixture in a glass measure. Whisk together remaining 1 1/3 cups cream cheese mixture and pumpkin in a large bowl until combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into gingersnap crumb crust. Stir reserved cream cheese mixture (in glass measure) and drizzle decoratively over top of pumpkin mixture, then, if desired, swirl with back of a spoon. Put pie on a baking sheet and bake until center is just set, 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours, then chill, loosely covered with foil, at least 4 hours. If necessary, very gently blot any moisture from surface with paper towels before serving.