Recipe by Tish
My husband makes this for me every fall and I can't live without it. You can make without the wine but it helps. You could serve this in little pumpkins to make more festive. Better the 2nd day. *I have adjusted this recipe a bit after making it a few times more.
Top Review by BeckyF
We had this soup over the weekend, and it was delicious. I agree that it is better on the second day. It can be used as a soup course or as a meal with a salad and fresh baked bread.
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pumpkin, unspiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard (optional)
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Butter in pot and cook garlic.
- Pour in Pumpkin.
- Stir in Chicken Stock until smooth. Add dried mustard and Worcestershire Sauce if desired.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add White Wine.
- Stir in Heavy Cream in the last 1-2 minutes and cook only until warmed through. Season to taste.