Recipe by evelyn/athens
A very nice side to a Sunday roast.
Top Review by Kitsune
Wow! is this good! I reduced the oil to 2 or 3 tablespoons and added 1/4 cup of water to the pumpkin mix. I also covered it with foil. Absolutely delicious, I had to force myself to stop eating the whole thing by myself.
The pumpkin cooked beautifully and the bottom got a little crispy which just added to the flavor. I will absolutely make this again as long as pumpkins and winter squashes are in season. Yummy yummy yummy.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups pumpkin, cut into ½ inch dice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Oil a shallow baking dish.
- Cook garlic in olive oil over moderately-low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until it is softened.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, flour, Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste; add garlic mixture and toss.
- Spoon into baking dish and bake for 1 ½ hours, or until golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and seeds and serve.