Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A very nice side to a Sunday roast.
Make and share this Pumpkin-Garlic Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Oil a shallow baking dish.
- Cook garlic in olive oil over moderately-low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until it is softened.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, flour, Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste; add garlic mixture and toss.
- Spoon into baking dish and bake for 1 ½ hours, or until golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and seeds and serve.
Wow! is this good! I reduced the oil to 2 or 3 tablespoons and added 1/4 cup of water to the pumpkin mix. I also covered it with foil. Absolutely delicious, I had to force myself to stop eating the whole thing by myself.
The pumpkin cooked beautifully and the bottom got a little crispy which just added to the flavor. I will absolutely make this again as long as pumpkins and winter squashes are in season. Yummy yummy yummy.
Great recipe! As I was short on time I added the pumpkin in with the garlic and sauteed it lightly just to speed up the cooking process a little! I also reduced the oil as I was using a non-stick pan and didn't need so much. The flavours were just wonderful with the fresh parsley. I served this with fish and green beans. Thanks Evelyn!
Looking for a pumpking gratin i found you recipe and so the choice was very easy.
As usually you recipes are wonderful and we enjoyed it all very much.
Thanks a lot for your recipes Evelyn!