Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you have any vegans at your Thanksgiving dinner, this is the recipe for you!
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) canunsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
Chocolate fudge swirl
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Mix together the vegetable oil, pumpkin, vanilla, and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour half of the pumpkin cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the cranberries over the cake batter.
- Mix the cocoa powder, sugar, and flour. Then add in the water and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate fudge mixture over the cranberries. If desired, place a knife through the cake to marble it.
- Pour the rest of the pumpkin cake batter over the chocolate layer.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: After the cake cools, make a glaze by combining confectioner's sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a little bit of water and/or maple syrup.