Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Instead of the traditional pumpkin pie, how about trying Marie's delicious Pumpkin Fudge Brownies for Thanksgiving dessert? PUMPKIN FUDGE BROWNIES Pumpkin brownies with chocolate fudge swirls.
- 1 cup soymilk lite
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 2 cups sucanat
- 1 1⁄4 cups lite silken firm tofu or 1 1⁄4 cups lite silken extra firm tofu
- 2⁄3 cup prune puree
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, separated
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid fruitsource
- Preheat oven to 350. Oil spray 9" by 13" baking pan.
- Place soymilk in a glass measuring cup. Add lemon juice, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the next 10 ingredients and set aside.
- Place the tofu in food processor and blend. Add prune and pumpkin puree and process. Add soymilk and 1 tsp of vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Fold the tofu mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter to a medium bowl.
- Whisk together boiling water and cocoa, add remaining 1 teaspoons of vanilla and liquid Fruitsource to the reserved batter. Set aside.
- Spread 2/3 of the pumpkin batter on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spoon dollops of the fudge batter over top, leaving spaces in between.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 of pumpkin batter in an alternating fudge-pumpkin pattern.
- Run a butter knife through the batters to form a swirling pattern, a la marble cake.
- Bake 30 minutes, cool and cut into squares.