Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Instead of the traditional pumpkin pie, how about trying Marie's delicious Pumpkin Fudge Brownies for Thanksgiving dessert? PUMPKIN FUDGE BROWNIES Pumpkin brownies with chocolate fudge swirls.
- 1 cup soymilk lite
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 2 cups sucanat
- 1 1⁄4 cups lite silken firm tofu or 1 1⁄4 cups lite silken extra firm tofu
- 2⁄3 cup prune puree
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, separated
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid fruitsource
- Preheat oven to 350. Oil spray 9" by 13" baking pan.
- Place soymilk in a glass measuring cup. Add lemon juice, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the next 10 ingredients and set aside.
- Place the tofu in food processor and blend. Add prune and pumpkin puree and process. Add soymilk and 1 tsp of vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Fold the tofu mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter to a medium bowl.
- Whisk together boiling water and cocoa, add remaining 1 teaspoons of vanilla and liquid Fruitsource to the reserved batter. Set aside.
- Spread 2/3 of the pumpkin batter on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spoon dollops of the fudge batter over top, leaving spaces in between.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 of pumpkin batter in an alternating fudge-pumpkin pattern.
- Run a butter knife through the batters to form a swirling pattern, a la marble cake.
- Bake 30 minutes, cool and cut into squares.