Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Delicious pumpkin fudge! The perfect treat to enjoy with a mug of hot cider, cocoa or coffee--especially for Halloween or Thanksgiving. From Better Homes & Gardens.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (10 ounce) packagecinnamon-flavored chips (such as Hershey's cinnamon-flavored baking pieces)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside.
- In a 3-quart heavy saucepan combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and pumpkin. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 234 degrees F, soft-ball stage (20 to 25 minutes). (Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a steady boil.).
- Remove saucepan from heat; remove thermometer from saucepan. Stir in cinnamon-flavored pieces until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme and walnuts.
- Immediately spread fudge evenly in prepared pan. Score into squares while warm. Let fudge cool to room temperature (about 2 hours). When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut into squares. Cover tightly and chill for up to 1 week. Do not freeze. Makes about 96 pieces.
This is capable of producing foodgasms!
This was amazing! I love anything with pumpkin,so this will definitely be on my yearly fall list! Thank you for posting such an awesome recipe!
This is unbelieveably good!! Easy to do and the result was just outstanding!! Thank you so much for such a yummy and fun recipe!!