Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very decadent and pumpkiny recipe.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (2/3 cup) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (1/4 each nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon)
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- Spray a 13 x 9 inches pan with cooking spray and line with wax paper.
- In a medium sized heavy sauce pan add sugar, butter, evaporated milk, spice, and pumpkin.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for ten minutes. Reduce heat to low and add butterscotch chips and vanilla, stirring until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallow creme, beating in until thoroughly combined. Pour into prepared pan refrigerate to set.
good flavor (but much more butterscotch than pumpkin), but it came out semi-liquid (never solidified enough to cut it into fudge squares). it seems as if the 10 minutes of cooking is to bring the mixture to a boil (i'm now thinking it needs to boil for 10 minutes to somehow thicken it)
Love this stuff! A great alternative to the typical chocolate fudge. I didn't have any pumpkin pie spice or allspice, so I used a 1/3 teaspoon each of nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. I included this in my fudge assortment that I make for co-workers; it's the fudge in the front on the left in my photo. Will definitely be making this again!
Absolutely DECK-AH-DUNT, & I love it! What a wonderful way to have your fudge & eat it, too! Followed your recipe right down the line, & things couldn't have come together any better than they did! Most definitely a keeper! Thanks for the posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed for Newest Zaar Tag, 08A game]