Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin pulp
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- Combine milk, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture just reaches boiling stage.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook to 234 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and beat in pumpkin, butter, vanilla, and allspice.
- Beat mixture with a wooden spoon until it becomes glossy.
- Pour into a greased marble slab or stoneware platter and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares.