Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This one keeps well. It's an old favourite, easy.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin, cold, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lb dried mixed fruit
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Then add cold mashed pumpkin, flour sifted with cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Lastly mix in 1 lb dried mixed fruit. Turn into greased pan Bake in slow oven 1 1/2 hours.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
Delicious and easy! Can't ask for more.
Although this was an easy ro put together recipe, I had one problem: what temperature to put it at. I found that 300 degrees F worked best for the alloted times. For the dried fruit I used dark raisins, dried apricots and prunes.