Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Light fruitcake that has become a firm favourite with family and friends.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 500 g mixed fruit
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt butter, add golden syrup, sugar and mixed fruit.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add beaten eggs and mashed pumpkin.
- When cool, add flours, spices and salt.
- Place in a greased square cake tin and bake in moderate oven for 90 minutes.
Moderate time for baking fruitcake? 300 or 350 degrees? Please update recipe with exact temperature.