Recipe by White Rose Child
Have ingredients, will invent smoothie. When I've there's so much food around that I can't decide what to have for breakfast, innovation is always the best option. Feel free to play with measurements to suit your taste.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very nice tasting smoothie, & much like my recently posted pumpkin pie smoothie, but this one includes the cream of coconut & the pumpkin puree! I did leave out the water, but increased the amount of both OJ & applesauce & had A VERY SATISFYING BREAKFAST DRINK! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana, frozen and broken into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (I had yummy homemade stuff!)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (I used clementine juice)
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- sugar (optional) or your choice artificial sweetener, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in a food processor, blender or a large jug if using an immersion blender (gotta love 'em!).
- Blend till completely smooth. Taste, adjust flavors if necessary. Serve with a warm slice of peanut butter toast for a filling, delicious breakfast. :-).