Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have ingredients, will invent smoothie. When I've there's so much food around that I can't decide what to have for breakfast, innovation is always the best option. Feel free to play with measurements to suit your taste.
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana, frozen and broken into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (I had yummy homemade stuff!)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (I used clementine juice)
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- sugar (optional) or your choice artificial sweetener, if desired (optional)
- Place ingredients in a food processor, blender or a large jug if using an immersion blender (gotta love 'em!).
- Blend till completely smooth. Taste, adjust flavors if necessary. Serve with a warm slice of peanut butter toast for a filling, delicious breakfast. :-).
Very nice tasting smoothie, & much like my recently posted pumpkin pie smoothie, but this one includes the cream of coconut & the pumpkin puree! I did leave out the water, but increased the amount of both OJ & applesauce & had A VERY SATISFYING BREAKFAST DRINK! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]