Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Derived from Annette Symms' "Symply too good to be true" Low fat cookbook, this is a modified version of her "Moist Fruit Cake". It is especially delicious with a little ginger marmalade, and being a loaf, slightly heavier.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour the water into a saucepan and add the diced fruit, sugar and spices. Boil for 3 mins and stir in the baking soda, leaving it to cool.
- Microwave (or boil) the pumpkin until soft enough to mash. To microwave pumpkin, chop it up into chunks and place in a lidded (microwave safe) container with a little water. Microwave for four minutes, test softness, and then continue to microwave in two minute blocks until soft enough to mash easily. Let it cool a little before attempting to peel the skin off.
- Combine the pumpkin with the fruit mix and mix well.
- Add in the eggs.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, then stir into the wet mixture.
- Toss in the walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Line your loaf tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Bake for approximately 30 mins, testing with a skewer after that time.