Derived from Annette Symms' "Symply too good to be true" Low fat cookbook, this is a modified version of her "Moist Fruit Cake". It is especially delicious with a little ginger marmalade, and being a loaf, slightly heavier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Pour the water into a saucepan and add the diced fruit, sugar and spices. Boil for 3 mins and stir in the baking soda, leaving it to cool.
- 3Microwave (or boil) the pumpkin until soft enough to mash. To microwave pumpkin, chop it up into chunks and place in a lidded (microwave safe) container with a little water. Microwave for four minutes, test softness, and then continue to microwave in two minute blocks until soft enough to mash easily. Let it cool a little before attempting to peel the skin off.
- 4Combine the pumpkin with the fruit mix and mix well.
- 5Add in the eggs.
- 6Sift together flour and baking powder, then stir into the wet mixture.
- 7Toss in the walnuts. Stir to combine.
- 8Line your loaf tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Bake for approximately 30 mins, testing with a skewer after that time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Fruit Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 170.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: