Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A simple, easy to make fruit cake that has a pumpkin main ingredient. This cake mixture also allows you to add little extras to it such as crystalised ginger, golden syrup or your choice of dried fruits.
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin, mashed
- 750 g dried fruits
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until a smooth mixture is achieved.
- Add pumpkin puree and choice of dried fruits.
- Fold in sifted flour and spices.
- You may wish to add 1/4 cup of crystalised ginger and 1/4 cup of golden syrup, for something different.
- Grease a large round cake tin with deep sides.
- Place in a pre-heated oven. (150c regular or 130c fan forced).
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool.