Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Someone gave this recipe to me, but I modified it quite a bit to form this one.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran flakes (or decrease amount and add oats)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruits
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, spices, bran and/or oats, and mix.
- Beat eggs slightly and add sugar until dissolved.
- Stir pumpkin into egg mixture, along with dried fruit, nuts, and chocolate.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in fresh cranberries (if using).
- Divide batter into muffin pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool.
- Repeat steps 1-9.
- Note: You can also use small loaf pans or even an 8 x 8 pan and cut into squares.