Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Basically, take your favorite pumpkin pie recipe and make it without a crust. Then spread or pipe on the cake or cupcake of choice. The consistency and texture is great for this! This would also be a great cake filling to compliment your cake.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add pumpkin and mix.
- Add evaporated milk and mix.
- Pour into 9" pie plate. Yes, NO crust!
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for another 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool before you use it to pipe or spread on your cake.