Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
This is a wonderful contribution to a Thanksgiving meal. These are rich and delicious morsels normally served hot with the meal but are equally tasty the next day as a cold dessert. Please note, prep time includes frying time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Sift all dry ingredients.
- 3Mash pumpkin finely and beat in egg yolks.
- 4Whisk egg whites til light and fluffy - do not make them too stiff.
- 5Gently mix egg whites into pumpkin and then fold pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients.
- 6Fry tablespoonsful of fritter batter in hot oil until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towel and place into ovenproof dish.
- 8Now preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 10Bring water, sugar, butter, milk, cinnamon, and salt to the boil, lower heat and thicken with flour.
- 11Pour syrup over fritters and bake for 15 - 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Fritters (Pampoenkoekies)
Serving Size: 1 (1097 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g