Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has the nicest autumn-y flavor. I like it served drizzled with maple syrup, but the topping possibilities are endless with this.
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, raw, coarsely chopped
- Combine first six ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a skillet until water droplets dance. Grease the skillet (use whatever you prefer).
- Dip one slice of the bread in the mixture, make sure it is fully coated.
- Put coated bread in greased pan and cook about 3 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with other slice.
- Throw walnuts in the pan and stir (keep them moving!) until they are toasted. Put them on top the toast.
I tried regular wheat bread and it didnt hold up well so I tried potato bread and it did wonderfully. The whole family loved it asking for seconds and even thirds.
Made this morning and the whole family loved it. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I used cinnamon. Yummy!
yum! took a while to cook through but good flavor! i might add more spice next time. thanks!!!!