Recipe by cervantesbrandi
This French toast is delicious especially during the fall when pumpkins are fresh and in season.
- 16 slices whole grain bread
- 1 (8 ounce) can pumpkin (you can use fresh as well just omit half of the milk)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except for the bread into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place slices of bread in 2 large glass baking dishes.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the slices of bread, flipping the bread to make sure the mixture coats both sides.
- Cover both dishes and refrigerate over night.
- Lastly, cook each slice of bread on a griddle heated to medium high for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Top with your favorite topping and enjoy!