Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious drink I came up with one day to use up the leftover canned pumpkin I had. Feel free to use regular milk or sugar
- 1⁄2 cup espresso
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 cup ice
- 3 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 dash pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Dissolve sugar and syrup in hot espresso.
- Add milk and refridgerate until cold.
- Put ice in blender and crush until mostly broken up.
- Add cooled coffee, pumpkin, and pie spice if using.
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
Oh, how can you go wrong with pumpkin spice? I waited to long to make this and we were in the cool days of fall before I knew it, so I made it hot. I used cow's milk and full-sugar flavoring, but otherwise followed the recipe. I stirred the pumpkin into the hot espresso to try to dissolve it; this worked fairly well but I did have a bit of grit in the bottom of my cup. I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem in a blended frozen drink, though. Thanks so much for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.