Recipe by rachel.waugh
Found this at Spark People and tweaked it a bit to be more South Beach Friendly
Top Review by CoffeeB
Fantastic muffins. Moist and delicious. Followed your recipe except for the sugar by using about 3/4 cup of regular sugar. Also, threw in 1 cups of raisins to the mix. A definite repeat for me as I adore using pumpkin in my baking recipes due to the moistness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
WET INGREDIENTS and SPLENDA
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (1%)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix All dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine Eggs, Pumpkin, Splenda, Oil and Milk. Gradually add dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Fill muffin pan with mix, will be pretty full.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 2 handfulls of walnuts, chocolate chips if you like, but don't forget to average it in the nutritional information.
- Can make and freeze, microwave 1 minute to enjoy from frozen as needed. Or just allow to thaw to room temperature.
- Doubles easily (if you have a BIG bowl).