1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I was searching the web for directions on preparing sugar pumpkins for puree and stumbled across this recipe. A wonderful fall treat! This is easy to make and an elegant dessert for those special times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle the bottom of 8 half-cup ramekins or individual flan dishes with half of the brown sugar.
- 3With mixer, beat eggs; add pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- 4Stir in the milk, heavy cream and vanilla.
- 5Pour the mixture into prepared baking dishes.
- 6Place the baking dishes in a large baking pan filled with water so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the flan dishes.
- 7Bake for 1 hour and remove from oven.
- 8Remove the flans from the water and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- 9Flans can be prepared ahead to this point and refrigerated for later use.
- 10Before serving, heat oven to broil and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- 11Place under broiler for a couple of minutes or until browned.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Flan With Brown Sugar Crust
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 110.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g