Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fall twist on a classic dessert. From Daisy Martinez.
Make and share this Pumpkin Flan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, turn heat to high, add sugar, and pour 2/3 cups water around perimeter; using a wooden spoon, cook and stir until sugar is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir, until sugar is copper colored, another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a 10 inch pie pan, tilting pan to coat bottom and sides; place in a roasting pan in the oven.
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients and pour into pie plate.
- Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, until set, about 45 to 60 minutes; remove from oven and place on rack to cool for about 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate cooled flan at least 2 hours to allow caramel syrup to set.
- To serve, invert flan on a serving dish, slice.