Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are cute cookies, great for kids at Halloween. Very tasty! This recipe is from a 1960's calendar my mom has.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped raisins
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind (optional)
- Combine all raisin filling ingredients into saucepan.
- Cook& stir over medium heat until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Cookie: Mix flour & baking powder.
- Cream sugar, butter, eggs, milk & vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half & chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll out half of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 or 3 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place half the circles on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Place 2 tsp raisin filling on each circle.
- Use the other half of the dough and cut into circles.
- Cut these to resemble pumpkin faces.
- Use a knife to make eyes, nose & mouth etc.
- Place these on top of the filling.
- Seal edges with fork tines.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375° for about 12 minutes.