1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Enchiladas
From Hungry Girl: This wacky-sounding recipe was born after we accidentally used leftover pumpkin in place of refried beans. But it tasted FANTASTIC, so we perfected it, and now we're passing it on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 corn tortillas (like Mission Super Size)
- 3/4 cup enchilada sauce, divided
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- nonfat sour cream
- chopped scallion
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3Add pumpkin, taco sauce, and taco seasoning to the bowl. Mix well. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Warm tortillas slightly in the microwave.
- 5Lay tortillas flat on a clean, dry surface. Spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce onto each one. Place a half-slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture between the centers of the tortillas.
- 6Wrap tortillas up tightly and place them in the baking dish with the seam sides down. Cover with remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- 7Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, until enchiladas are hot. Carefully remove dish from the oven, and sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese.
- 8Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Plate those babies and, if you like, top with sour cream and/or scallions. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 1247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese