Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love making this pie for the holidays. No one in my family likes Eggnog except me so this is one way to use it up. I use low-fat eggnog to keep the calories down.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, sugar, spices, and salt until smooth.
- Slowly stir in eggnog.
- Pour into crust; bake 15 minutes.
- Refduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool; cover and store in refrigerator.
This was very good and everyone who tried it loved it. It does make a 9 inch DEEP dish piecrust with some filling left over. I made this 2 different times yesteday and both times I ended up with extra filling, so I used the leftovers in tart cups.
OK, I am not sure which of the 3 eggnog pumpkin pies I made exactly, but they are all very similar and adding eggnog is FANTASTIC!!! I'm serious! Even people who hate eggnog loved this pie. It really added to the pumpkin flavor and was great. For all my pumpkin pies, I skimp on the cloves, nutmeg and ginger and just go with more of a cinnamon flavor - very good!!
Wonderful taste - everyone wanted the recipe! My only complaint is that the eggnog and spices overpowered the pumpkin. It tasted more like an eggnog pie with a hint of pumpkin on the taste buds. Very good, though - and a definite favorite for anyone who loves eggnog!