Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here is a nifty little side dish. It's inexpensive and really quite easy to prepare. Plus, they can be boiled in advance and sauteed just before serving. These little dumplings are kind of like spaetzle and would go nicely with anything grilled. You could also combine them with any number of sauces: tomato, cheese, etc. I hope you enjoy them!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, salt, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- Blend well.
- Add flour.
- The dough should be soft.
- Dip a 1/2 teaspoon measure into the boiling water.
- Scoop up a generous 1/2 teaspoon of the dough.
- Drop dough into boiling water.
- Repeat until all of dough is used.
- Be sure to always dip the 1/2 teaspoon measure into the boiling water before scooping up the dough.
- Boil dumplings about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander with a slotted spoon to drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add the dumplings and saute until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan.