Recipe by Kumama Chef 579262
This recipe has evolved over the years and i have no idea where the original idea came from.I do know it disappears quickly . You can make this a day or two in advance .Remember to store in the fridge.
Top Review by Queen of Everything
Delish! We loved this....even the picky 1st grader who lives here. He helped make it...so he tried it....and he gives it a thumbs up! Best compliment that we can give a recipe. I used pumpkin pie spice instead of the different spices.
- 822.13 g can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar (packed)
- 4.92 ml salt (omit or reduce if needed)
- 19.71 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 354.88-473.18 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 9 ingredients until well blended. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle DRY cake mix on top. Then cover with pecans. Pour melted butter over top. Bake 45-60 min or until golden. Serve whipped cream or cool whip if desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator.