Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has evolved over the years and i have no idea where the original idea came from.I do know it disappears quickly . You can make this a day or two in advance .Remember to store in the fridge.
- 822.13 g can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar (packed)
- 4.92 ml salt (omit or reduce if needed)
- 19.71 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 354.88-473.18 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 9 ingredients until well blended. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle DRY cake mix on top. Then cover with pecans. Pour melted butter over top. Bake 45-60 min or until golden. Serve whipped cream or cool whip if desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Delish! We loved this....even the picky 1st grader who lives here. He helped make it...so he tried it....and he gives it a thumbs up! Best compliment that we can give a recipe. I used pumpkin pie spice instead of the different spices.