Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has evolved over the years and i have no idea where the original idea came from.I do know it disappears quickly . You can make this a day or two in advance .Remember to store in the fridge.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit or reduce if needed)
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 9 ingredients until well blended. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle DRY cake mix on top. Then cover with pecans. Pour melted butter over top. Bake 45-60 min or until golden. Serve whipped cream or cool whip if desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Delish! We loved this....even the picky 1st grader who lives here. He helped make it...so he tried it....and he gives it a thumbs up! Best compliment that we can give a recipe. I used pumpkin pie spice instead of the different spices.