Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe off the internet. I've taken it to church a couple of times and everyone loved it. This is a good fall dessert.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- Beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, spices, and eggs together.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over your mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Finally, drizzle the butter on top of this mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
Love this! I have a suggestion, though. Based on another cook's recommendation, I cut the sugar in half. (Actually used Splenda.) Next time, I'll leave the sugar out completely. It does NOT need it. It's plenty sweet without. Trust me.
I love this recipe. We make it at least once a year. Makes a ton though, so better when there's a crowd around to eat it.
This turned out very nicely. I did add some brown sugar sprinkled on top to kind of carmelize the pecans. It turned out very nice thank you for posting this yummy alternative to pumpkin pie.