Recipe by Dienia B.
This is a very old recipe. Libbie says to sieve the pumpkin. I just used canned pumpkin and a lot of spice and lemon extract.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin, canned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts, nut meats, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add pumpkin and beaten eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon together; add to creamed mixture.
- Add nuts, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.
- Drop by spoonful on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for 20 minutes.