Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very old recipe. Libbie says to sieve the pumpkin. I just used canned pumpkin and a lot of spice and lemon extract.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add pumpkin and beaten eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon together; add to creamed mixture.
- Add nuts, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.
- Drop by spoonful on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for 20 minutes.