Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect for Autumn.
- 295.73 ml dark brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml cooked pumpkin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 591.47 ml flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml lemon extract
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, spices, and salt.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in another bowl or on waxed paper.
- Stir flour into creamed mixture; add lemon extract, raisins, and nuts, mixing well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-16 minutes.
These are teriffic! I made the recipe as posted with no changes. They're soft, and the taste is very nice, spicy, pumpkiny (is that a word?) Anyway the taste is very good! And we liked the raisins. I will definitely make these again. Thanks Sue L!!
We liked these cookies. A cakey cookie, nicely spiced with the pumpkin in the background. The only change I made was that I only have 14 oz tins of pumpkin and I'm too frugal (!) to waste 2 oz so I put in the whole can. Thanks Sue!
Thanks for this great recipe! I decreased the sugar by 1/4 c., substituted 1c. of the flour with whole wheat flour and omitted the raisins. I used 1,5c. chopped hazelnuts. my husband and my grandma really loved it! this one's a keeper!