Recipe by Courtly
From Taste of Home. It comes with a wonderful cinnamon frosting!! Make these during the fall! NOTE: This recipe makes a lot of cookies! So make sure you have plenty of helpers to eat these!
Top Review by Jenn K.
Wonderful recipe and easy to make. My DH, SS, and DD loved the cookies. I used a cream cheese icing recipe I found on this site for on them, sorry I do not have the number. It complimented them perfectly. Thank you for a great recipe!
- 118.29 ml butter flavor shortening
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 425.24 g can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1419.54 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 591.47 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar; beat in pumpkin, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lighty browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator.