Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home. It comes with a wonderful cinnamon frosting!! Make these during the fall! NOTE: This recipe makes a lot of cookies! So make sure you have plenty of helpers to eat these!
- 118.29 ml butter flavor shortening
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 425.24 g can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1419.54 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 591.47 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar; beat in pumpkin, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lighty browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator.
Wonderful recipe and easy to make. My DH, SS, and DD loved the cookies. I used a cream cheese icing recipe I found on this site for on them, sorry I do not have the number. It complimented them perfectly. Thank you for a great recipe!