This recipe comes from a Dude Ranch in Northern Michigan. The chef served these with hot chocolate after a hay ride. Cook time is for the whole recipe.
- Heat oil for deep frying (375°F).
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot oil 5-6 at a time.
- Fry 1-2 minutes, on each side, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; roll warm donuts in mixture.