Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This recipe is from Virginia Green. She posted it on Facebook, and I am including it here so that I don't lose it.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour or 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the eggs and pumpkin until smooth. Stir in the milk, salt, and parsley. Add the flour gradually, combining with a spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface, and briefly knead and press until dough is smooth.
- Roll dough 1/4" - 1/2" thick and cut out with cookie cutter. Place shapes on cookie sheet (greasing is not necessary). You may press a fork pattern into the biscuit if you want.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F Remove from oven, carefully turn the biscuits over, and return to oven for another 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely.