Recipe by KimmieOH
We had a Halloween party and someone brought this in a carved out cooking pumpkin, it was so cute and so good I just had to share the recipe! This is a wonderful recipe for the fall holidays!
Top Review by BetterOffBread
WONDERFUL!!! I didn't have time to give them the full "Martha Stewart" treatment with the hollowed out pumpkin bowl, but nobody cared. The adults and kids went crazy for this!! We used apple slices dipped in Sprite ( to prevent browning ) and graham crackers. Next time I'm using ginger snaps and slices of frozen pound cake. Also my son can't have eggs, so I am putting this in a graham cracker pie crust so he can have "pumpkin pie" like the rest of us on Thanksgiving. Great recipe!!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy; add canned pumpkin and spices.
- Fold in Cool Whip; mix until creamy.
- Serve with apple slices/ginger snaps/graham crackers.